- Assists in preparing and presenting the Annual Audit Plan as well periodic reports of the audits performed under the Audit Plan.
- Responsible for compliance with all NJAC regulations regarding work performed by a casino Internal Audit Department.
- Advises and instructs the Internal Audit staff assigned to audit projects and reviews their work for sufficiency of scope and accuracy.
- Evaluate internal controls and makes specific recommendations as to their adequacy and efficiency and makes recommendation for the corrections of any material weaknesses.
- Determine the extent of compliance testing to be performed (scope) and the approach to be taken, based on the adequacy of controls in place.
- Assists in the review of the quarterly audit committee presentation.
- Prepares the Annual Audit Plan for review and approval by the Board of Managers of Boardwalk 1000.
- Prepares the Annual Internal Audit Department Budget for review and approval by the Board of Managers of Boardwalk 1000 regarding administrative matters and daily operations.
- Conduct special projects or reviews as directed.
- S./B.A. degree in accounting, finance or business.
- CPA, CIA or MBA (or active candidate) desirable.
- Minimum of five to six years prior auditing experience in public accounting, internal auditing and/or accounting.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook; must be able to operate general office equipment such as fax, copier, phones
- Knowledge of New Jersey C.C.C. rules and regulations of internal controls preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills, strong judgment and analytical ability, as well as the ability to direct and manage people required.
- Hotel or gaming industry experience desirable.
- Knowledge with PC operations and word processing software such as Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English