- Audits records of departments and interviews workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Performs or assists in the planning and execution of compliance, financial and operational audits of business operations.
- Examines department activities for compliance with management plans and policies.
- Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Making oral and/or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the audit, discussing deficiencies and making recommendations for corrective action to improve operations.
- Prepares and submits audit findings and makes recommendations to management.
- Conducts special studies for management such as those required to discover mechanics of detected fraud and to develop controls for fraud prevention.
- Conducts audits for management to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations.
- Leads exit conferences for audits in which they were the in charge auditor.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience