- Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with guests, team members, all levels of management and other departments.
- Thorough understand of and ability to drive P&L strength and institute and maintain appropriate programs to effect positive financial results and budgetary procedures.
- Well-developed, tactful problem solving skills with the ability to apply ingenuity and creativity towards a resolution.
- Proven ability to direct, motivate and develop staff.
- Ability to lead and mentor team to meet objectives.
- Adaptable to departmental strategic plans in order to achieve organizational goals.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Restaurant Management or Hospitality as well as five (5) to ten (10) years of management experience in a food and beverage area, including but not limited to Catering, Banquets and Volume restaurants or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Diverse business experience with significant administrative responsibilities in a major corporation with multiple units. Minimum ten (10) years Food & Beverage experience, with minimum five (5) years in management capacity. Minimum three (3) years resort hotel experience .Must currently hold or be able to obtain a NJ Casino Employee Registration license through the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’s):
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must possess excellent time management skills, along with the ability to forecast the time management needs of others.
- Must possess refined speaking and listening skills.
· Must be able to effectively coach and counsel employees.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with guests regarding complaints, tours, programs, etc.
- Must be able to read, understand and explain to employees technical manuals and other related materials required for proper completion of goals.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills to include ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide specific to position responsibilities.
- Must be able to analyze and interpret related data as well as financial statements.
Must be able to function and manage in non-standard situations where some judgment is required and limited guidelines exist.
Proficient knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Word.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.